With subsequent Provision 10.06.2021, the Guarantor updated its Guidelines on cookies and other tracking tools (see link https://www.garanteprivacy.it/home/docweb/-/docweb-display/docweb/9677876).
Cookies are short strings of information (text file) concerning the user's activity on the website, which are stored during the first navigation on the website, on the tool (computer, smartphone or tablet) of the user browsing the Internet, to then be retransmitted to the same websites on a possible subsequent visit by the same user, allowing our website to automatically recognise the user (or other users who use the same tool) after the first visit and thus to improve their user experience.
Their functioning is completely dependent on the navigation browser that the user employs and can be enabled or not by the user themselves.
The software for Internet browsing and the functioning of these devices, for example browsers, can store cookies and then transmit them again to the websites that generated them on the occasion of a subsequent visit by the same user, thus keeping a record of their previous interaction with one or more websites.
The information encoded in cookies may include personal data, such as an IP address, username, unique identifier or e-mail address, but may also contain non-personal data, such as language settings or information about the type of device a person is using to navigate the website.
Cookies can therefore perform important functions, the most diverse of which include the execution of IT authentications, session monitoring, the storage of information on specific configurations concerning users accessing the server, facilitating the use of online content, etc. For example, they can be used to track items in an online shopping cart or information used to fill out a computer form. So-called "authentication" cookies are of particular importance whenever it is necessary to verify the person who accesses certain services, such as payment.
The data controller of personal data is VENETA KITCHENS SPA, with headquarters in Via Paris Bordone, 85,31056 Biancade (TV), e-mail email@example.com.
A complete and updated list of external data processors can be consulted at the Company upon written request from the data subject.
What cookies are and how they are used
The Website may use, also in combination with each other, the following categories of cookies:
- "first party” type, when they are managed directly by the website operator;
- "third party” type, when cookies are set up and managed by operators unrelated to the website visited by the user.
Third-party cookies fall under the direct and exclusive responsibility of the actual operator, and in relation to their installation, the operator of the first-party website assumes the mere role of technical intermediary.
- Permanent or "persistent" cookies: these cookies remain stored on the device even after leaving the website or in any case closing the browser: in particular, they remain until their expected expiry or until they are manually deleted by the user. Persistent cookies fulfil many functions in the user's interest (such as password storage), however in some cases they can also be used for promotional purposes.
- Session (or temporary) cookies: They have a duration limited to the visit and are eliminated when the browser is closed, which ends the "session" for accessing the website. As a rule, they allow the user to access personalised services and to take full advantage of the website's functions, avoiding the use of other IT techniques that could potentially compromise the privacy of users' browsing.
- Technical-functional cookies (so-called "necessary” cookies), for example for the transmission of session identifiers necessary to allow safe and efficient exploration of the website. These cookies avoid the use of other IT techniques that could be potentially prejudicial to the privacy of users' browsing.
For the use of technical cookies, the law requires the mere release of the information to the data subject, as is the case with this communication, i.e. also without the creation of specific banners on the Website.
Instead, for all non-technical cookies, the installation is subject to the manifestation of the prior and unequivocal consent of the user: by means of the publication of a synthetic banner which can be viewed upon first "landing" on the website, the user is permitted to express their choices on the categories of cookies to be authorised in a granular and specific manner (so-called cookie preference centre). In order for the choice to be considered valid, this analytical cookie information is made available through a specific link.
This consent or not can be formulated by the user not with reference to the individual cookies installed but in relation to broader categories of cookies, or to specific producers and/or intermediaries with which the Website has established commercial relations.
- Analysis cookies (so-called "analytics"): these cookies can be both temporary and permanent, and allow for the collection and analysis of aggregated and/or disaggregated statistical information relating to accesses (e.g. geographical area of origin of the user, access tool used, age, etc.) and in general to the behaviour of users on the website and therefore intended to improve the experience and the content provided.
These analytical cookies can be assimilated to technical-functional cookies and therefore only require prior consent if:
- they are only used to produce aggregate statistics (i.e. without direct and unambiguous identification of the data subject, so-called single out) and in relation to a single website or to a single mobile application, in such a way as to prevent tracking of the browsing of the person using the different applications or browsing different websites;
- the possibility is envisaged that the cookie can be referred not only to one, but to multiple devices, such as to create a reasonable uncertainty about the IT identity of the subject receiving it (e.g. for those of third parties, at least the fourth component of the IP address is masked within the cookie);
- third parties refrain from combining these analytics cookies, even as minimised above, with other processing (customer files or statistics of visits to other websites, for example) or from transmitting them to third parties.
An example of first-party cookies occurs when the website makes use of log files (that is, it records the history of operations performed) and log files (which include IP addresses, browser type, operating system used by the user's device, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date, time, entry and exit page and the number of clicks, but also the pages visited on the website and the third party websites from which the user comes). The purpose of all of this is to analyse user behaviour trends and to administer and to optimise the website. The information collected in this way has no personal nature as the data is collected and analysed anonymously.
- "Profiling" (or advertising) cookies (always of a permanent type) are used to lead specific, identified or identifiable subjects to particular actions or behavioural patterns recurring in the use of the features offered (patterns) for the purpose of grouping the different profiles (aggregated, i.e. anonymous, or not), all within homogeneous clusters of different sizes, so that it is possible to send targeted advertising messages, i.e. in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the Internet (instead of the general ones offered without distinction to all) (so-called “behavioural advertising”).
- Social cookies: these cookies are from third parties, i.e. provided directly from the domains of the most common social media networks that are connected to the first-party website (e.g. VENETA CUCINE) via links to official pages, content sharing buttons and links. The use of these buttons and features implies the exchange of information (e.g. texts, photographs, videos, etc.) with these websites. The interactions and information acquired from this website are in any case subject to the user's privacy settings relating to each individual social network. In the event that an interaction service with social networks is installed, it is possible that, even if users do not use the service, it collects browsing data relating to the pages in which it is installed.
In particular, if other cookies are also used, VENETA CUCINE uses immediately pop-up banners of adequate size that contain:
- the minimum indication relating to the fact that the website uses technical cookies and, only with the user's consent, profiling cookies or other tracking tools, indicating the relative purposes (so-called "short information");
- a command to accept the placement of all cookies or the use of other tracking techniques;
- the link to another dedicated area in which it is possible to analytically choose the functions, third parties and cookies, possibly also grouped by homogeneous categories, to be installed and, through two further commands, to be able to give consent to the use of all cookies if not previously given or to revoke it, even in a single option, if already expressed; this choice of the user is also adequately documented by the data controller.
It is also specified that it is not necessary to reiterate the user's consent to the installation of cookies if this has been previously provided, validly acquired (and the data controller is able to prove it) and there has been no change in the cookies with respect to the list of those for which consent has previously been given or when it is impossible for the website operator to know whether a cookie has already been previously stored in the device to be re-transmitted, on the occasion of a subsequent visit by the same user, to the website that generated it; for example in the event that the user chooses to delete the cookies legitimately installed on their device and the data controller has not adopted any other system to keep track of the expressed consent.
In any case, the user is guaranteed the right to revoke their consent to cookies at any time by accessing the appropriate dashboard which is made available to them by clicking on the appropriate cookie banner published on the home page of the VENETA CUCINE website. From this reserved area, the user can make more detailed choices both with regard to the types of cookies and to the list of third party recipients of the cookies themselves.
Finally, VENETA CUCINE refrains from applying any "take it or leave it" mechanism, in which the user is therefore forced to express their consent to the receipt of profiling cookies, under penalty of being unable to access the website.
List of cookies actually present on the website
The afore-mentioned general premise does not automatically imply that this website actually uses all the categories of cookies indicated above.
The complete list of the cookies used by the VENETA CUCINE website is contained in the banners published in the same.
Remarketing and behavioural targeting
For further information on online behavioural advertising and some suggestions on possible measures, in particular to opt out of seeing interest-based ads online: www.youronlinechoices.eu/it.
Social cookies: these cookies are from third parties, i.e. provided directly from the domains of the most common social media networks that are connected to our website. Website via links to official pages, content sharing buttons and links. The use of these buttons and features implies the exchange of information (e.g. texts, photographs, videos, etc.) with these websites.
The management of personal data and the methods for deleting these social cookies are regulated by the social media websites themselves: the user is invited to consult the respective privacy policies of each of them, at the following links:
- YouTube https://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/privacy/, https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
- Facebook disclosure: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy, https://www.facebook.com/legal/FB_Work_Privacy, https://www.facebook.com/help/cookie/ and https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
- Facebook (configuration): access your account, privacy section, or follow the various guides on the web, for example https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-third-party-cookie
- Twitter disclosure: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=it, https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514
- Twitter (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security and https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170519-uso-dei-cookie-e-dialtre-tecnologie-simili-da-parte-di-twitter, https://help.twitter.com/it/rules-and-policies/twitter-cookies
- LinkedIn disclosure: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy, https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?trk=uno-reg-guest-home-privacy-policy,
LinkedIn (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/
- Pinterest: https://policy.pinterest.com/it/privacy-policy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388, https://help.instagram.com/519522125107875
The use of these cookies is of a purely anonymous nature, no personal information is collected unless the user intends to provide it explicitly by sending contact forms and/or information request forms.
Further information on privacy and the use of social cookies can be found directly on the websites of the respective third-party operators.
How they work and how to disable cookies
In order to always guarantee the best navigation possible, our website offers the best performance with cookies enabled.
Accepting or rejecting cookies is your right
The user is able to modify the predefined (default) configuration at any time. To manage the way cookies work, as well as the options to limit or block cookies, it is in fact sufficient for the user to change their Internet browser settings via the relative toolbar.
We report the links for the most popular browser configurations describing how to manage Cookies:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
To change the cookie settings in browsers other than those listed, it is necessary to refer to the help documentation prepared by the producer of the specific browser.
Remember that you need to set cookie preferences for each browser and each different device (desktop PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone) used to browse the Internet (also refer to the device user manual).
For further information on cookies and privacy, we invite you to consult the appropriate document prepared by the Privacy Guarantor at the following link:
Rights of the data subject
With regard to the processing of personal data, the data subject can exercise the following rights, by contacting our Company:
- ask for confirmation as to whether or not the processing of personal data concerning them is in progress and, in this case, may obtain access to the personal data
- access the types of information contained in this statement; if the data are not collected from the data subject, all the information available on their origin;
- request, and obtain without unjustified delay, the correction of inaccurate data; taking into account the purposes of the processing, the integration of incomplete personal data, also by providing a supplementary declaration;
- request deletion of the data if
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- the data subject revokes the consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- the data subject objects to the processing, if there is no prevailing legitimate reason to proceed with the processing, or objects to the processing carried out for direct marketing purposes (including functional profiling for such direct marketing);
- the personal data have been processed unlawfully;
- personal data must be deleted to fulfil a legal obligation established by the law of the Union or of the Member State to which our Company is subject;
- personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information company services from the database of our Company;
- request limitation of the processing concerning the data subject, when one of the following hypotheses occurs:
- the data subject disputes the accuracy of the personal data; in this case the limitation of the processing (i.e. the suspension of the same) can take place for the period necessary for our Company to verify the accuracy of such personal data;
- the processing is unlawful (for example because the data subject has not been provided with the prior legal information) and the data subject objects to the deletion of personal data (i.e. prefers that they be kept by us in our paper-based and/or computer archives) and instead requests that their use be limited as above;
- although our Company no longer needs it for processing purposes, personal data are necessary for the data subject to ascertain, exercise or defend a right in court;
- the data subject has opposed the processing performed for direct marketing purposes, pending verification of the possible prevalence of the legitimate reasons of our Company with respect to those invoked by the data subject;
- obtain from our Company, upon request, the communication of third party recipients to which the personal data has been transmitted;
- withdraw consent at any time to the processing where previously communicated for one or more specific purposes of personal data, it being understood that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before the revocation.
- not to be subjected to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning them or which significantly affects their person in a similar manner. N.B.: Our Company does not make any automated decisions of the afore-mentioned type.
- submit a complaint to the competent Supervisory Authority based on the GDPR (that of your place of residence or domicile). In Italy: Guarantor for the protection of personal data, Piazza Venezia n. 11, 00186 ROME (firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 39 06 69677.1).
Modification of the policy
Please consult this page often, referring to the date of the last modification indicated at the bottom.
Rev 2.0 of 20.03.2023